Welcome back to MSF Mondays!
Each week we break down one more aspect of the hottest mobile game, Marvel Strike Force!
The last 2 months of WAR have been the most fun aspect of this game for me and I would venture to say most of our Nerds on the Patio Alliance. While we have gotten some rather unfavorable matchups since our merger, we have advanced further into Gold rankings and we are taking down Gold 4s once or twice a week.
Something that has also been extra fun for us is ragging on one of our few top TCP guys who win MVP and we call out that they stole it from so-and-so who had a great WAR, but maybe just couldn’t come up with enough to dethrone the top dogs. At least I think it’s fun for everyone…
Anyway, this last WAR was a particularly close one and Abram went searching for the calculations so we can know going forward, here they are:
(Knock-Out Points * 25) + (Attacks * 75) + (Damage Points * .001) + (Defend Victories * 350) + (Defense Boost * 150) = TotalCourtesy of Dutchrudder
I believe that defensive damage is also calculated in this, but now you have an idea of what you are aiming for! We also have done a couple War posts in the past, one by Clave was particularly good for overall team strategy!
Marvel Strike Force WAR is FUN
Clave’s main points are build a 900-point offense and an 800-point defense, and these basic rules have served us well. We just adjusted our room positioning to get back on track after a 2-loss week. And we just had a huge victory last WAR!
The main reason War has been so fun and we have had so much success as an Alliance is that we are working together. We have a good group of our Alliance in Discord together, although it is not required. The others respond to the in-game chat well and follow the marked rooms most of the time.
We are pretty understanding if a person has to jump in and use all of their attacks because they only have a 15-minute window and they us a couple attacks on higher damage opponents if, say, we have a marked low damage room. However, we are probably around 90-95% on-mark, which is HUGE for coordinating an attack.
When we merged, we lost at least 5 big TCP guys, I think our Top 5 in fact. And they were active, just not a good fit with our crew going forward. We also weren’t winning a lot of WARs. Maybe your Alliance just can’t seem to get wins either, and you are losing by 100-150 points like we were. Well, coordinating better and getting a couple more 50 point room bonuses makes a HUGE difference!
Marvel Strike Force WAR Strategy
Here is how we are doing it:
Shoot bullets first, then cannon balls. This is of course an old war adage, that people often use for business innovation. The gist is to be patient and chip away at first until you find your clear path. At the top deck you need to find half of a room that you can take to see the next room down. If you hit a huge defensive team, reassess if it is worth using a cannon ball on offense there, or if you can flank from another room.
What we are looking for when we break through the Flight Deck:
- Global-effects: Rooms with global tags to them are valuable to take down because it either softens all the defense or offense for the other alliance and in the long run of WAR that can be the difference!
- Mid-range Defense or lower: Every so often we get alliances either like us, with a handful of emerging players that have low level or mid-level defenses, or even bots in rooms cause they have had people quit and do not have a full alliance. This is unfortunately becoming more common lately – see our last blog posts.
- Full-clear Rooms: We want 50-point bonuses! We target these rooms, and again, there is a little patience to this, because if you have big offense teams you need to wait so you don’t run out of attacks for when you need them! You also have remember, MVPs don’t get you extra rewards, alliance wins do, so don’t play hero ball! Unless you’re Abram, then swing for that MVP fence!
Lastly, don’t go chasing the big bonuses at the cost of 50-point bonuses you can get. Sometimes when the Reactor or Bridge open up it’s hard not to go for it, but make sure to map out out your clearest path to 900 as a team.
PRO TIP: You can go to the participation tab and check all of the TCP of players in other alliances to figure out who is more mid-range and who should be avoided.
Well I hope this helps you take your Squad from a D+ to a B- Commander!
Blitz: Monday’s Blitz features Miss America, aka America Chavez! On Thursday, break out your ice cream because it’s SCREAM!!
Current Events: New Moon Event for Moon Knight wraps up this week. Get those orbs by using the Nocturnal tag on Raids, Blitz, and Arena.
Upcoming Legendary: Invisible Woman is coming up, so prep your Sinister Six!
Black Bolt: April 27th, August 17th, December 7th (Requires Asgardians 5-star)
Shuri: May 11th, August 31st (Requires Spider-verse 5-star)
Ebony Maw: May 25th, September 14th (Requires Inhumans 5-star with Black Bolt)
Phoenix: June 8th, September 28th (Requires Mystic Villain Controller 6-star)
Star-Lord: June 22nd, October 12th (Requires Guardians or Ravagers 5-star)
Nick Fury: July 20th, November 11th (Requires Kree Minions 5-star)
Magneto: August 3rd, November 23rd (Requires X-Men and/or Brotherhood 5-star)
- Early Player Tips
- Avoiding Early Player Mistakes
- Understanding Alliances
- Building Wide
- Farming Guide and Seed Theory
- Underrated Characters
- Blitz, please!
- Team Positioning Tips
- Daily Objectives
- WAR, what is it good for?
- Expect a Cold Front
- Swarm to the Next Event
- Why Am I Losing at PvP?
- MSF Terms You Should Know – Part 1
- MSF Terms You Should Know – Part 2
- MSF Terms You Should Know – Part 3
- ISO 8
- Let’s Win This WAR!
- Dark Dimension 1
- Dark Dimension 2
- What to do With Orb Events
- Defending the Defenders
- Astonishing X-Men Announcements
- What to Make of Mojo’s Mayhem Real-Time Arena
- Skip Skillitary
- Fantastic 4…6?
- Avengers: Part 1
- Avengers: Part 2
- Sinister Sixes and Sevens
- Secret Ops Event
- X-Men and X-Women
- How is your AIM?
- Breeze through Real-Time Arena
- The Future of MSF
- The Future of MSF: Part 2
Join our Discord is you want to join us in nerding out over Marvel Strike Force.